Sunday, October 25, 2009

Subway English

Subway English

In the Train

This is a Brooklyn-bound F train, making all the local stops. (conductor)

This is a Queens-bound express. (conductor)

This is the 42nd street, Times Square. Transfer is available for the N, R and number 7 trains. 50 Street is the next. (conductor)

Stand clear of the closing doors. (conductor)

There is a red light ahead against us. We will be moving shortly / momentarily. (conductor)

Due to police activities between 42nd Street and 34th Street, this local E train is running Express on F line. The next stop will be West 4th Street. (conductor)

Excuse me, getting off.

Excuse me, is this an A or E?

I am going to the Grand Central Station, where should I get off?

Where do I get transfer to the M?

I missed my stop. Where do I get off to cross the track and go back?


On the Platform

Let them out first. (Station clerk)

Excuse me, is this train going uptown or downtown?

Excuse me, where do I take the Uptown train to the Bronx?

Does this train stop at the 14th Street?


At the Token Booth

May I have a twenty dollar Metrocard, please?

May I have a one-day unlimited fun card please?

I just bought this monthly Metrocad and started to use it today, but the turnstile doesn't let me in..


At the Turnstile

Swipe the card again at the same turnstile

No comments:

Post a Comment